The Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA) is accredited to certify specialists in 11 areas of law. Ohio currently has just over 700 certified attorney specialists in all 11 areas of law.
Certified Specialists in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law in the state of Ohio, consist of a select group of just over 150 attorneys. Furthermore, there are only 33 Certified Specialists in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law in Cleveland, Ohio.
Attorney Bart Leonardi is proud to be included in this elite group of 33 Certified Specialists in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law.
According to OSBA President Eleana Drakatos, “Certified attorney specialists dedicate themselves to becoming experts in their fields. In their pursuit of providing excellent services to their clients, they meet rigorous standards and go the extra mile to hone their practice skills.”
Certified Specialists must satisfy the following criteria:
- Demonstrate substantial and continuing involvement in the specialized area of law.
- Submit 5 professional references attesting to their competency in the specialized area.
- Earned a minimum of 36 hours of intermediate or advanced continuing legal education (CLE) credits in the specialty area during the past three years.
- Pass a written examination.
- Prove financial responsibility by maintaining minimum professional liability insurance coverage and remain in good standing with the Supreme Court of Ohio.
- Must file annual reports attesting to compliance with program requirements and must be recertified every 5 years by meeting all of the original requirements for certification except the written examination.
Contact Bart Leonardi to discuss your estate planning needs.